Wolf's Xbox Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to chat about all things Xbox and things that aren't as well.

4 posters

Gaming Addiction

Hedgeh0gz
    Hedgeh0gz

Gaming Addiction  Empty Gaming Addiction

Post by Hedgeh0gz Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:28 am

Just found this video was a good watch ,what do u guys think,is it this serious?

Part 1

Part 2
    OnekillerbeeV2

Gaming Addiction  Empty Re: Gaming Addiction

Post by OnekillerbeeV2 Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:05 pm

I saw the very end of it the other day or about 30 seconds and it pissed me off.

I remember my mum thinking once I was addicted to gaming, granted I did play a lot, but the reason was that I got angry once when she turned it off without asking me (she wanted to watch X Factor or something) so I got a bit angry. It wasn't that she cut my game off, it was because she walked in turned it off without asking and I found it very rude. If she just asked I would have said yes.

It's quite laughable really.
    benj4m
    benj4m

Post by benj4m Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:19 am

I haven't watched the video, although this is a question which comes up a lot. Can't anything be said to be addictive? If this is a program I caught a bit of the other day about freaks on WoW then I may have seen most of it actually.

If your mum is that "addicted" to x factor that she'll stomp into the room and turn off whatever you're doing to watch it without so much as a word to you, maybe she is the one who needs help?
    Hedgeh0gz
    Hedgeh0gz

Post by Hedgeh0gz Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:08 am

benj4m wrote: If this is a program I caught a bit of the other day about freaks on WoW then I may have seen most of it actually.

Yes it was panorama(?),But i remember when i used to play WoW i would play it for hours on end,until i got to lvl 80 and needed all these key binds i just quit,I just hope the same doesnt happen to me When SWTOR comes out Suspect
    benj4m
    benj4m

Post by benj4m Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:02 am

Should games companies be forced to stop making games that people really want to play though? I play a lot of CoD and I've played a lot of Diablo when I was a kid. But I stopped when I had to, it's just that I prefer doing that to watching TV or whatever. I'm not "addicted" as such, I just enjoy it. Anything can be "addictive" if you think about it like that.

Maybe games companies can program a timer into the game so you can only play it a certain amount of time a day? Although that's not going to make them popular with the hardcore players. Or people who literally do have the time to play it all day.

The panorama was good though. I felt a bit bad, I watched it at a friends, and I found myself blurting out "That's team deathmatch on Afghan in Modern Warfare 2". I wanted to leave the room real bad after that, trust me.
    Hedgeh0gz
    Hedgeh0gz

Post by Hedgeh0gz Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:20 am

benj4m wrote:The panorama was good though. I felt a bit bad, I watched it at a friends, and I found myself blurting out "That's team deathmatch on Afghan in Modern Warfare 2". I wanted to leave the room real bad after that, trust me.

LOL i bet you got some awkward looks
    Bitter Hobbit
    Bitter Hobbit

Post by Bitter Hobbit Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:20 pm

I watched it the other day. I was expecting them to games are evil etc. but I thought that it was pretty good. It raised some decent points. I think it's good that they are trying to do something to help the people addicted to games, it's no different then someone who stops their life to gamble, drink or do drugs they need help and it was good to see the program show that it was the people who had the problem not the games.
    benj4m
    benj4m

Post by benj4m Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:39 am

Hedgeh0gz wrote:
    benj4m wrote:The panorama was good though. I felt a bit bad, I watched it at a friends, and I found myself blurting out "That's team deathmatch on Afghan in Modern Warfare 2". I wanted to leave the room real bad after that, trust me.

LOL i bet you got some awkward looks

You're not wrong. My "non gaming" friends generally know I play a lot of games online as well as offline, but we don't really discuss gaming.

I only really have one "real life" gaming friend. And it's got to the point where we rarely talk in standard language, instead preferring the dramatised squaddie speak from films and CoD games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm