Wolf's Xbox Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to chat about all things Xbox and things that aren't as well.

2 posters

NASCARtheGame11

Thorsfew
    Thorsfew

NASCARtheGame11 Empty NASCARtheGame11

Post by Thorsfew Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:39 am

Was due release Feb11, now put back to March.
    Ok so many gamers that enjoy racing Sims think the idea of Oval racing is going round and around. Well how wrong you are!

This sim is going to offer a lot of new racers the chance to get hooked. The game offers more strategy and indepth racing than any other game todate.
    It will feature road courses as well as all ovals, and they come in three types.
    Don't think we will be given "nationwide" or "trucks" but the "sprint" is the top of the cream racing.

Sound is unbelievable, from the demos and Dev diaries I have compared the sound to real footage, and I am GOB smacked!
    Its clear, concise and the best ingame sound I have EVER heard.

Customisation of your car, and paint add to the graphics, and will keep even forza3 fans happy.

Game play heavily features on single player with 43 cards racing around at upto 200 mph (and yes its FAST)

The online play will see a maximum of 16 racers, and that will be either free setup (anything goes as long as its NASCAR rules), Host setup (where the host and others agree on how the cars will be set up...all the same), or a default setup that al users will use, which leaves winning down to smooth racing and clever use of drafting.

This game is going to feature A.I. cars that will drive and act like the real drivers. So yes that will mean a spread out field of racers, and no doubt the occasional great thrill of cars hitting the wall or collecting each other around the track.

The player will be able to race as NASCAR rules or turn of "yellow" and "black" flags.
    The damage physics of cars and damage will be represented better than any race game todate as each crash and every car in it will leave "real" debris, that is every bit that you see flying down the track will be part of a car. Engine parts, wings, bumpers, wheels, giving those that love trying to create a 43 car pile something to truly look forward to.

This game will be easy to race, hard to master, and for those that allow the racing challenge to get under their skin, one heck of a new way to spend the entire year!

Most race games (Sim or arcade) tend to only hold the player in its spell for a few months, this will hold most game after game for months to come.

Last edited by Thorsfew on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    Admin

NASCARtheGame11 Empty Re: NASCARtheGame11

Post by xxW0LFxx TFD Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:32 am

I'll have a look at it closer to release and see if I can snag a copy, but I'm not hopeful as Activision hate everyone. Or possibly just me
    Thorsfew
    Thorsfew

Post by Thorsfew Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Just you, but that is understandable I love you
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    Admin

Post by xxW0LFxx TFD Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:21 am

You probably already know this Thor but there is no PAL version of Nascar 2011, meaning us UK lads don't get to play unless we import the game.
    Of course if you get shouting at Activision and enough people do it we might get a PAL version yet.
    Thorsfew
    Thorsfew

Post by Thorsfew Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:08 am

It is true that at present it will only be released across the pond BUT.........
    It will NOT be region locked.

This means for those that wnt to play it can do via "amazon" an a couple of other importers.

To be real honest its bad PR by Activsion for zero market sales. Only hard core will make the effort and as there will be no copies in Uk shops, no one will even pick it up on off chance. Therefore word of mouth will not be helpingthis great title into a top No.1 all time best race sim.

Summary...
    To confirm this title will be import only.
    Cost will be around £40.00 with P&P which will take around 5-7 days from day of release. Release is 29th March and is NOT region locked, so all regions can play be it USA, England, Australia, etc.

Confirmation that some form of additions to the game are being added since its "feb" release date for March release.

A 2011 patch will be available via DLC (for free as far as we have being led to believe) which will include the new seasons cars, drivers, paint schemes, new track, and front end splitter/ body work changes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:09 am