Wolf's Xbox Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to chat about all things Xbox and things that aren't as well.

4 posters

Make yourself heard.

xxW0LFxx TFD
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    Admin

Make yourself heard. Empty Make yourself heard.

Post by xxW0LFxx TFD Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:53 pm

These hallowed Forums may exist for years to come or just until Xbox.com gets things sorted, either way now it's time to get your voice in and say what you'd like to see or be done with these here Forums. Cool

I reserve the right to turn any of you into a frog if I don't like the idea. Specially you Lavender. Laughing
    Lavindathar
    Lavindathar

Make yourself heard. Empty Re: Make yourself heard.

Post by Lavindathar Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Well, the quick reply is a nice touch. Was that here earlier?

Anyway, a lighter background is definately needed, as my purpleboldness is here to stay. And so everyone can see my purpleboldness, it has to be a tadge lighter.

And also in the reply box, need it to be drag and drop editing instead of BB code. Seeing /color really annoys me.

Thats it for now.
    Razz
    Lavindathar
    Lavindathar

Post by Lavindathar Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:28 pm

Oh, and everytime my purpleboldness is quoted it goes 10x darker and is impossible to read.
    Lavindathar
    Lavindathar

Post by Lavindathar Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:33 pm

Oh, and in all honesty, probably a name change is required if you want it to be big and busy.

People will never flock and stay on an "independent" website forum, and by that I mean such as Wolfs Xbox Forum, or Bobs Xbox Forum etc. If you get my point.

Yes it is your forum and regardless of the name some will come, just saying if you want it to "take off" you'l have to switch to a generic kind of name that sounds a bit more professional.

Smile
    Unreal Warfare
    Unreal Warfare

Post by Unreal Warfare Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:24 am

Save that until he buys a domain. Of which there's no point until he gets a steady increase in site traffic (although something more snazzy can be thought up for the genral name displayed on the banner).

It's kind of a two sided coin but I think this is the better option, at least for now.

Perhaps if the site gets going well enough setup a paypal account for donations or even a subscription system. Other sites have done stuff like this and have done well. It depends on how it's managed and what is on offer.

Needless to say this will require alot of hard work and effort from not only staff but also its members. This will also need at some point some good outside contacts in the gaming industry depending on how far you wish to take it (Doing reviews perhaps? Setting up competitions?).

Many things to consider yet it's still early days so best to not run before we can walk eh?
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    Admin

Post by xxW0LFxx TFD Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:17 am

Unreal Warfare wrote:Save that until he buys a domain. Of which there's no point until he gets a steady increase in site traffic (although something more snazzy can be thought up for the genral name displayed on the banner).

It's kind of a two sided coin but I think this is the better option, at least for now.

Perhaps if the site gets going well enough setup a paypal account for donations or even a subscription system. Other sites have done stuff like this and have done well. It depends on how it's managed and what is on offer.

Needless to say this will require alot of hard work and effort from not only staff but also its members. This will also need at some point some good outside contacts in the gaming industry depending on how far you wish to take it (Doing reviews perhaps? Setting up competitions?).

Many things to consider yet it's still early days so best to not run before we can walk eh?
    I did consider getting full forums, as opposed to these very basic and free-forums but that costs money and though I'd love to do it for you lot I just can't afford that! In the future if we get enough people then I'll consider it.

As for contact I have plenty, but that's for games publishers. I've ran competitions before through my site so I'll see about getting another set-up and running it through here as well.
    Lavindathar
    Lavindathar

Post by Lavindathar Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:12 am

Integrate the reviews off your site onto the homepage here also?

Also, the background still needs to be lighter. Your name doesn't show up Wolf, nor does my text.

Looks great though!
    benj4m
    benj4m

Post by benj4m Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:16 am

A domain name can be as little as 5 quid a year and decent PHP hosting (with PHPbb free) for 15 quid a year.

I have two suggestions to make this place better than the OXF. Simply put the two things missing from the OXF on here:

1 benj4m as a mod
    2 Nekkid weemin
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    Admin

Post by xxW0LFxx TFD Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:18 am

Lavindathar wrote:Integrate the reviews off your site onto the homepage here also?

Also, the background still needs to be lighter. Your name doesn't show up Wolf, nor does my text.

Looks great though!
    Well I'm a bit miffed, I really like this new look but it won't let me make the background for posts etc. a lighter damn color! *rage* I'm gonna have to stop tinkering and get writing soon anyway.
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    Admin

Post by xxW0LFxx TFD Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:18 am

benj4m wrote:A domain name can be as little as 5 quid a year and decent PHP hosting (with PHPbb free) for 15 quid a year.

I have two suggestions to make this place better than the OXF. Simply put the two things missing from the OXF on here:

1 benj4m as a mod
    2 Nekkid weemin

1: wierder things have happened. Who Knows?

2: Google it, boy.
    Lavindathar
    Lavindathar

Post by Lavindathar Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:20 am

Have you ever read Benj's blog? Or his facebook posts? He's too disturbed to be a mod lmao!
    benj4m
    benj4m

Post by benj4m Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:21 am

xxW0LFxx TFD wrote:
    Lavindathar wrote:Integrate the reviews off your site onto the homepage here also?

Looks great though!
    Well I'm a bit miffed, I really like this new look but it won't let me make the background for posts etc. a lighter damn color! *rage* I'm gonna have to stop tinkering and get writing soon anyway.

Can you not customise the layout properly? You need your own PHP webspace with PHPbb (which I happen to have) you could totally build your own layout. Hand code it yourself.
    benj4m
    benj4m

Post by benj4m Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:23 am

Lavindathar wrote:Have you ever read Benj's blog? Or his facebook posts? He's too disturbed to be a mod lmao!

No way, I'd make an awesome mod. If I was on the OXF, and the decision was to close the general chit chat shit and people kicked off, I wouldn't be hiding behind my screen in silence. I'd be dishing out some awesome mod-l33t flaming with my flaming skillz.

Fear me, for I am l33t.
    Lavindathar
    Lavindathar

Post by Lavindathar Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:09 am

Can I also suggest making peoples usernames that appear on a post as "white" instead of black?

Ignore this if you are changing BG colour.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:39 am