Wolf's Xbox Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to chat about all things Xbox and things that aren't as well.

+16
OnekillerbeeV2
benj4m
Unreal Warfare
JaffaKreeIndeed
ReaganSmash1994
Jigster1
PRAWN T0AST
Philip1979
Bitter Hobbit
TootieTazzy
Narrow Face
Lavindathar
MA71LDA
Marktic Monkeys
My Awesome Afro
xxW0LFxx TFD
20 posters

Death of Xbox.com UK General Discussion

My Awesome Afro
    My Awesome Afro

Death of Xbox.com UK General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of Xbox.com UK General Discussion

Post by My Awesome Afro Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Banned. Again. Lolz. 5 Proxies left.
    Lavindathar
    Lavindathar

Death of Xbox.com UK General Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of Xbox.com UK General Discussion

Post by Lavindathar Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:01 pm

Philip1979 wrote:
    PRAWN T0AST wrote:Hi folks, hope It's ok with you all if I post here ? I'm totally gutted about the death of OXF Crying or Very sad
    Indeed so am i; as soo many of my FR are from there but its run by a bunch off twats!!!

Lmao!!
    Jigster1
    Jigster1

Post by Jigster1 Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:40 pm

Hello everyone, dissapointed by whats happened at OXF. Hopefully these forums can be a friendly community.
    Narrow Face

Post by Narrow Face Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:52 pm

12 bans in 1 day, surely a new record.

lulz
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    Admin

Post by xxW0LFxx TFD Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Narrow Face wrote:12 bans in 1 day, surely a new record.

lulz
    lmfao well done... I think Laughing
    ReaganSmash1994
    ReaganSmash1994

Post by ReaganSmash1994 Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Afternoon.
    It's not a nice thing, and its nice this is here for abit more lenient discussion
    ReaganSmash1994
    ReaganSmash1994

Post by ReaganSmash1994 Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Lavindathar wrote:Sorry, but the bold purple isn't going anywhere my friends Smile

Neither is my Arial Green. Muahaha.
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    Admin

Post by xxW0LFxx TFD Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:47 pm

ReaganSmash1994 wrote:
    Lavindathar wrote:Sorry, but the bold purple isn't going anywhere my friends Smile

Neither is my Arial Green. Muahaha.
    Sweet beyjesus these Forums have been invaded by the rainbow brigade! Very Happy
    Lavindathar
    Lavindathar

Post by Lavindathar Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:31 pm

It'll be a much better Rainbow brigade when the background colours are sorted for our multicoloural needs!
    JaffaKreeIndeed
    JaffaKreeIndeed

Post by JaffaKreeIndeed Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:39 am

The OXF having being dieing for a while now. SHAME.

Met some top notch peeps from the UK forums.

The Mods have slapped me and many more with bans. Wonder why???
    Unreal Warfare
    Unreal Warfare

Post by Unreal Warfare Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:16 am

Because they can't handle the backlash from their actions.

Now while there were problem members over there, as you get with any forum, the way they handled problem members left alot to be desired.

The worst thing about it all though is that they seem to think it's just the "official topic" scenario that is the problem there rather than what the real problem is. Lack of involvement and activity from the moderation staff we had in place.

Over the years the UK forums hve become less and less of a community despite the actions of a select few who tried their hardest to bring it all together, and they weren't even staff!

I personally feel that since DMZilla has taken over from Trixie things have spiralled downhill across all fronts, not just the UK forums.
    ReaganSmash1994
    ReaganSmash1994

Post by ReaganSmash1994 Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:25 am

As a newer member only about since this time last year ish i have noticed a slight change.
    However i do feel that official this and that never used to be as rampant as it was. I only noticed one every now and then, when i wanted to discuss a game i used to make a specific thread or head to its forum.

However i do have less experience around the place than most. I feel though they are getting abit up tight on the rules, but if it slowly weeds out the trolls and other bad eggs then i don't mind.
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    Admin

Post by xxW0LFxx TFD Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:11 am

Unreal Warfare wrote:Because they can't handle the backlash from their actions.

Now while there were problem members over there, as you get with any forum, the way they handled problem members left alot to be desired.

The worst thing about it all though is that they seem to think it's just the "official topic" scenario that is the problem there rather than what the real problem is. Lack of involvement and activity from the moderation staff we had in place.

Over the years the UK forums hve become less and less of a community despite the actions of a select few who tried their hardest to bring it all together, and they weren't even staff!

I personally feel that since DMZilla has taken over from Trixie things have spiralled downhill across all fronts, not just the UK forums.
    The sad thing is DM is actually a decent person, he just makes some daft choices.
    It's a shame as I loved OXM, I've been there far too often for about two years now Evil or Very Mad
    benj4m
    benj4m

Post by benj4m Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:00 am

Alright mofos. I'm currently on a one month ban from the OXF for telling someone I would "stamp on their face". But still, it seems like since I got banned the place has fallen apart without me, and there will be nothing left to go back to at Christmas, when I get my ban revoked!

So thought I'd sign up here to say howdy to you fine chaps.
    Lavindathar
    Lavindathar

Post by Lavindathar Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:16 am

To be fair, we have our own community manager in AceyBongos.

We can't blame DMZilla can we? Surely its Acey's job to monitor the US side.
    JaffaKreeIndeed
    JaffaKreeIndeed

Post by JaffaKreeIndeed Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:19 am

benj4m wrote:Alright mofos. I'm currently on a one month ban from the OXF for telling someone I would "stamp on their face". But still, it seems like since I got banned the place has fallen apart without me, and there will be nothing left to go back to at Christmas, when I get my ban revoked!

So thought I'd sign up here to say howdy to you fine chaps.

So it's all your fault Twisted Evil
    OnekillerbeeV2

Post by OnekillerbeeV2 Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:26 am

Lol. I got a 2 week ban for calling lowestformofwit a muppet (also don't think he liked I mentioned his dating page he promptly deleted once an OXF'er found) and another 2 week ban on top of it for threatening to DDoS the site (lol)
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    xxW0LFxx TFD
    Admin

Post by xxW0LFxx TFD Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:40 am

OnekillerbeeV2 wrote:Lol. I got a 2 week ban for calling lowestformofwit a muppet (also don't think he liked I mentioned his dating page he promptly deleted once an OXF'er found) and another 2 week ban on top of it for threatening to DDoS the site (lol)
    And so the Underground resistance is born....
    JaffaKreeIndeed
    JaffaKreeIndeed

Post by JaffaKreeIndeed Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:03 am

OnekillerbeeV2 wrote:Lol. I got a 2 week ban for calling lowestformofwit a muppet (also don't think he liked I mentioned his dating page he promptly deleted once an OXF'er found) and another 2 week ban on top of it for threatening to DDoS the site (lol)
    Im not suprised you got banned Very Happy a bit naughty.

I got banned for banter with a mate. Now thats just harsh plus 3 bloody days. Never been banned before and they slap me with a 3 day one frist time.
    OnekillerbeeV2

Post by OnekillerbeeV2 Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:07 am

JaffaKreeIndeed wrote:
    Im not suprised you got banned Very Happy a bit naughty.

I got banned for banter with a mate. Now thats just harsh plus 3 bloody days. Never been banned before and they slap me with a 3 day one frist time.

Yeah, but I mean 1 month ban seems a bit harsh for calling someone a muppet and jokily (sp?) threatening to DDoS a site Laughing

I was reading the thread and Lowestformofdimwit (yes I though of that myself Very Happy) said we had all over reacted and Blamy had a very good reply back.
    JaffaKreeIndeed
    JaffaKreeIndeed

Post by JaffaKreeIndeed Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:10 am

I see what you did there!!!

Balmy reply??? a what???
    OnekillerbeeV2

Post by OnekillerbeeV2 Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:19 am

JaffaKreeIndeed wrote:I see what you did there!!!

Balmy reply??? a what???

lowestformofwit wrote:

Guys, I think there is an awful lot of over-reaction here.

i got my post edited because it had the word 'bloody' in it.

others got banned for extremely minor infractions, take narrow face, sylarhiro, mighty mutant x, teggzy, hoaxs, gh0st8901, o0o wiggy o0o, jaffakreeindeed, - and many, MANY more.

then you come on here and tell us that WE are over reacting?

the moderation team have banned a helluva lot of decent regulars here, for things that a week ago, the majority of people wouldnt of even got a slap on the wrist for

- yet you have the nerve to tell us that there is an 'awful lot of over-reaction here'?

once you've banned every regular that was ever here, and lets not forget those that have jumped ship already - who do you expect to actually be left?

once the dust settles, this place will be a graveyard.
    JaffaKreeIndeed
    JaffaKreeIndeed

Post by JaffaKreeIndeed Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:21 am

Bless his cotton socks Crying or Very sad
    Lavindathar
    Lavindathar

Post by Lavindathar Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:34 am

If you insult mods, you will get banned. Simple tbh. Our members did react badly, they should of been more subtle impo.
    OnekillerbeeV2

Post by OnekillerbeeV2 Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:49 am

Lavindathar wrote:If you insult mods, you will get banned. Simple tbh. Our members did react badly, they should of been more subtle impo.

Calling someone a muppet imo is not worthy of a ban. It's like calling someone a clown, I think he over reacted.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:35 pm